Pets get into all sorts of things we know of, and many that we do not!
Some things will casue gastric irritation and ulceration while others can lead to life threatening complications.
We can help in a number of ways from symptomatic care and cardiovascular support, flush out the toxins, and treating the effects of things that can change the blood sugar of cause seizures.
In an acute case when things have been recently ingested its useful to have them expel the contents. Please note: if it is something hard or sharp has been swallowed then vomiting those objects up risks esophageal tears which are far more difficult to heal than something in the abdomen.
VOMITING: Hydrogen peroxide is frequently used to help a patient throw up by irritating the stomach lining. While this can work, we offer an injectable medication that does not risk further damage to the stomach.
LIMITING ADSORPTION: Activated charcol can be used to limit further adsorption of the produces eaten. Depending on the toxin will depend on it use and frequency.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A TOXIN: A great resource for further information about toxins is Pet Poison Control. They will help evaluate if your pet has eaten critical amounts and discuss the needs and expectations with you. We work with then to best treat the effects.